April 5-8, 2018
ACSM’s 2018 International Health & Fitness Summit heads to Washington, D.C.!
Why Attend the ACSM International Health & Fitness Summit?
The Summit is the ONE place exercise professionals explore the full spectrum of the industry – from science to practical application.You have the opportunity to earn Continuing Education Credits by attending the educational sessions. This summit bridges the gap between the science of sports medicine and practice for the exercise professional. Faculty members highlight ways you may apply what you learn to everyday situations.
2018 Theme: Combating Sedentary Behavior
This year, ACSM’s International Health & Fitness Summit will devote a number of sessions to overcoming physical inactivity and sedentary behavior. Understanding the emerging science of the health risks associated with sedentary behavior and what exercise professionals can do to make a difference is critical. The program includes keynote and features lectures, sessions, and workouts that address this important target.
Sessions associated with the 2018 theme:
– Featured Lecture: The Case for Why Current Exercise Prescriptions Creates Exercising Couch Potatoes: Let’s Do Better by Starting a “Movement Movement”
– Lecture: The Exercise is Medicine Solution – Creative Applications for Practitioners
– Workshop: VO2max as a Vital Sign: Practical Considerations for the Exercise Professional
– Lecture: Walk Audits: Active Community Engagement with a Walk
– Lecture: Walkable Communities: Building Physically Active Communities by Design
– Workshop: Helping your Clients Say “I DO” to Exercise
– Keynote: An Evolution of the Exercise Prescription: the IronStrength Community Fitness Program
– Lecture: Calculating the Cost of Physical Inactivity in Various Adult Populations
– The Dr. Bortz Lecture: Aging is Hard Work: Exercise Training to Change the Course Toward Disability
– Preconference: IAWHP – Emerging Trends in Worksite Health Promotion: Creating, Maintaining & Sustaining Momentum
– Lecture: Ready to Move: A Unique University Work Site Wellness Initiative
Eleven Programming Tracks
Customize your Summit experience to best fit your needs and skill set! Plan your schedule by track, lecturer or specific topics. Click below to view the 2018 sessions by track!
- Exercise is Medicine
- Exercise Programming
- Fitness Management & Communication
- Healthy Behavior Change & Motivation
- Master Class Workouts
- Personal Training
- Select Populations
- Social Media & Technology
- Sports Medicine
- Worksite Health Promotion
- Health & Fitness Instructors
- Personal Trainers
- Club Owners & Managers
- Health Care Professionals
- Fitness & Wellness Program Directors
ACSM’s Health & Fitness Summit & Expo presentations present translations of the science of sports medicine, exercise, and nutrition for leaders and practitioners in health and fitness through high-quality integrative presentations, and state of the art practical classes and demonstrations.
Attendees receive state-of-the-art information that can be used by professionals who work independently or in fitness centers, health clubs, schools, the health care industry, business corporations and other community settings. To address its mission the Health & Fitness Summit & Expo offers programming tracks that span the fitness and health care industries.